At the Presidential meeting with leaders of South South region in Port Harcourt:
The Chief of Staff to the President, Ambassador Ibrahim Gambari, is leading the federal government delegation to the meeting.
The six Governors and leaders in the zone in a common position presented by Chairman of South South Governor’s Forum, Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa, made the following demands:
- Immediate relocation of headquarters of oil multinational to their operational bases in the South South region.
- Immediate relocation of government -owned oil subsidiaries from Lagos and Abuja to the South South region.
- Immediate completion of East-West road under construction.
- Immediate privatisation of the two refineries in Port Harcourt and the one in Warri for effectiveness.
- Call for release of all funds due NDDC and that henceforth, all NDDC projects MUST be done in consultation with State Governors.
- Reactivation of sea ports in Calabar, Port Harcourt and Warri. Then, the Lagos to Calabar railine.
- True federalism, resource control, fair revenue sharing and State Police, the best ingredients to achieving a better Nigeria.