The Mboho Mkaprawa Ibibio, a foremost Socio-Cultural Organisation of the Ibibio race, the 4th Largest Ethnic Nationality in the Country has watched with dismay the recent and on-going abuse on the person and office of the State Chief Executive.
While we share in the serious health and socio-economic concerns which the current COVID-19 pandemic has brought upon us as a people, the Mboho as a responsive organisation which preaches Peace and the Unity of the State and people at all times frowns and vehemently oppose the name calling and attempts by some political players and jobbers to degrade and malign the office and person of the Governor of Akwa Ibom State, His Excellency, Mr. Udom Gabriel Emmanuel.
Worried by this disturbing trend, Mboho Mkparawa Ibibio wishes to state Her position thus:
- That His Excellency, Mr. Udom Gabriel Emmanuel is PRESENTLY the Governor of Akwa Ibom State,hence deserves all the respect and regards due to the office.
- That the Governor as a true Ibibio and patriotic Akwa Ibom son deserves the support, solidarity and goodwill of all Ibibio sons, daughters and indeed Akwa Ibomites in general irrespective of affiliations and divides.
- That the Ibibios over the years have been supportive of all State Governors since the creation of Akwa Ibom State and will continue to do so, knowing that it is in the best interest of the State.
- Mboho hereby calls for a cessation of the tantrums by all persons and groups, written or verbal on social media or any other media platform against the office and person of The Governor, His Excellency, Akparawa Udom Emmanuel. Mboho wishes to warn that failure to heed to her call, the organization will be left with no option than to mobilize and deploy all legal arsenals at Her disposal to defend and protect the office and person of Her distinguished member, His Excellency, Akparawa Udom Emmanuel.
- Mboho rather advises persons or groups who may not have sufficient graps or understanding of government policies, programmes and activities to seek clarification from appropriate agency or department of government rather than resort to slander and casting of aspersions on the office and person of The Governor.
- The organisation calls on all Akwa Ibom people and residents of the State to continue to embrace peace, join hands with and support the Governor to enable him contend and curtail the spread of COVID-19 pandemic as well as actualise His Completion Agenda in order to move the State forward.
- In consideration of the above, the Mboho wishes to express appreciation to Corporate Institutions, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), groups and individuals that have so far made donations to the State Government to assist Her in the fight against COVID-19 pandemic.
Mboho is equally grateful and appreciative of the selfless collaborative efforts of various strategic professional bodies with the State Government in the fight against the dreaded pandemic. Of specific mention are:
The Nigerian Medical association (NMA), Association of Medical Laboratory of Nigeria (AMLN), Pharmaceutical Association of Nigeria (PAN), The National Association of Nigeria Nurses and Midwives (NANNAN), The Nigerian Union of Journalist (NUJ), The Civil Liberties Organization (CLO), all Security Agencies, among others. We salute you all for your patriotic dispositions towards our dear state and people.
- Mboho hereby expresses the hope that with God on our side and the commitment of the State government to curtail the spread of the virus as evidenced in the various proactive measures so far taken; our State and people shall continue to record successes in our collective efforts to overcome the pandemic.
- In this connection, Mboho therefore appeals to all Stakeholders in the management of COVID-19 to put aside their grievances and work as a TEAM for the overall good of Akwa Ibom people.
- Finally, Mboho pray God to continue to keep the Governor and His family in good health and endow him with abundance of wisdom to continually administer the State for the benefit and prosperity of all.
We also pray that the good Lord shall keep all Akwa Ibom people in sound and perfect health to enjoy a secured and better future beyond COVID-19 Pandemic.
Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!
Long live Akwa Ibom State!!
Long live Mboho Mkparawa Ibibio!!!
Yak Isōñ Adod Ukana.
For: Mboho Mkparawa Ibibio
Akparawa Fiokidaha Umoh, JP, FICEN International Secretary General
Akparawa (Obong) Patrick Udofia